2 Minute Tip: Say Thanks
When we conduct a successful presentation, audience members will often give us a compliment. When they do that, say, “Thanks. I appreciate that.”
Don’t tell them they’re wrong, and don’t deflect the compliment. Simply accept it with grace and thank them for their kind words.
- 2-Minute Talk Tips now has a Facebook Page. You can like us and comment on episodes on Facebook, if you prefer to interact there instead of this web site. Visit 2 Minute Talk Tips on Facebook today.
- 2-Minute Talk Tips now has a YouTube channel. Now you can read along with episodes by enabling closed captioning as you listen. You can visit use on YouTube here.
- This week, I join Jon Clarke on Caffeinated Comics on the Radio Misfits Network to talk about Star Trek: Discovery. Last week on 2 Minute Talk Tips, I talked about what speakers can learn from the premier. This week, Jon and I mainly debate its awesomeness.
Post Tip Discussion: Building a Talk
Through a set of circumstances I was invited to give a short talk to a group of Physical and Occupational Therapists. This week I talk about two key lessons I learned while preparing the talk.
- Say Things out loud to people
- Behold the power of Facebook
I also included a draft of the short talk I gave where I discuss achieving goal, an alien spaceship and neuroplasticity.
Call To Action
- Was the talk valuable? Let me know in the comments below.
- Share this episode with a friend or colleague.
- Subscribe to 2 Minute Talk Tips in your favorite Podcatcher.
- Say, “Thanks,” when you get a compliment.
- Don’t get best…get better