2-Minute Tip: Know Your Gear
Whether its a projector, TV, laptop, audio hookup, or slide clicker, get to know your gear before you conduct your presentation. Figure out in advance how everything works so you’re not scrambling at the last minute to figure out why something doesn’t work the way you thought it would. If there is a problem making something work, you want to know about that problem while you still have time to fix it.
Post Tip Discussion: 5 Steps to Better Slides
The core message and content of a presentation are always the most important parts. Slides ought to be only secondary. That said, they can still be important. This week, I talk about 5 stepsto make better slides. First, though, there are three important principles to keep in mind before opening PowerPoint.
- Slides are not your presentation.
- Know your goal.
- Plan it out.
With that in mind, here are the 5 Steps to Building Better PowerPoint Slides:
- Step 1 — List out the slides you need.
- Step 2 — Choose a template.
- Step 3 — Stick to the layouts.
- Step 4 — Use more pictures.
- Step 5 — Keep it legible.
Call To Action:
- What steps do you use to build your slide decks? Tell us in the comments below.
- Subscribe to 2-Minute Talk Tips in your favorite podcast app.
- Is there a topic you would like to hear about or a question you would like answered? Give us a call at 650-Talk-Tip (650-825-5847) or email Bill@2MinuteTalkTips.com.
- Don’t get best…get better.